DIY: 4 Natural Hair Colors To Try At Home
Bored at home with the same hair color? Why not give it a change?
Bored with your old hair color amid the lockdown? Tried many different brands of hair color and now cannot bear more itchiness and allergies? If yes, then try avoiding the chemical dyes and use conventional dyes for a change. You can always resort to natural ingredients to color your hair. It is not only because it is easily available at our homes but is effective and has no ill effects.
Find some new ways of dyeing your hair at home using the natural dyes.
1. Reddish shade with Beetroot juice
Beetroot is the best bet if you’re looking for a nice reddish shade of hair color. To prepare the color, all you need is a cup each of beetroot juice and carrot juice and spray bottle.
- Mix all these ingredients together and pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray it all over your hair and cover it up for over 3 hours.
- Rinse it off with cold water and notice the change in the color of your hair.
2. Coffee: From Grey To Dark Brown
Coffee can be used as a great alternative for grey hair. It can give you a wonderful dark brown shade and even enrich your hair quality.
- Firstly, you must brew a strong, black coffee and let it cool down for some time.
- Add two squeezes of leave-in hair conditioners into the brewed coffee.
- Pour the mixture in a spray bottle and apply it on the hair and let it rest for an hour.
- Then wash it gently with normal water. Avoid using any shampoo.
3. Black Tea: Darker Shade
Black tea consist of tannic acid which can darken your hair over time.
- All you need to do is brew a few cups of very strong black tea (use 5 tablespoons/ 5 teabags)
- Cool the water and pour it through your hair.
- Let it soak for up to 30 minutes before rinsing out with warm water.
4. Chamomile tea: For Lighter Shades
Looking for a lighter shade? Try chamomile tea.
- To prepare the dye, you must first boil ½ a cup of chamomile flowers in the water.
- Leave it to rest for an hour and in the meantime, wash your hair.
- Then pour the brewed tea through your damp hair at least 10 times.
- Let it remain for about 16 minutes and rinse it off.
- Repeat the process at least once a week to maintain the bright color in your hair.