Eat Or Drink More Greens, Your Choice!
3 best Smoothie Recipes To Try This Summer
While the health world is always abuzz with the latest and greatest trend, juices and smoothies aren't exactly new. But while pressed and blended beverages can be found in health clubs and kitchens across the globe, the question remains: Is it better to eat or drink greens? And, is there a right and a wrong way to juice and blend?
For starters, experts agree that juicing has its place, but to reap the most nutrients, blending is better. "If you juice vegetables, you lose the fiber, which is a very nutritious part of the vegetable," clarifies Leigh Tracy, a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator. However, "If you blend them, you are not losing any nutrients." Well, smoothies are also a great way of consuming the greens.
Let’s take a look at few green recipes to enjoy.
1. Green Smoothie with Pineapple with Green and fresh Argula
- One fourth cup chunked pineapple
- Three-fourth cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp raw cashews
- Half tsp chia seeds
- One-fourth cup argula
- 1 quarter sized sliced ginger
- Few ice cubes
The quickest and easiest thing is to just blend all the ingredients together and enjoy chilled.
2. Argula with Pear Ginger and Walnuts
Arugula may seem like a strange ingredient for a smoothie, but this combination is a real winner, a great lunchtime smoothie.
- Half cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup argula, rinsed
- 7 grams walnuts, around 1 tbsp
- Half ripe pear
- 1 quarter piece of fresh ginger
- 2 to 4 tbsp low-fat yogurt
- Ice cubes.
Blend all the above ingredients in a blender for a minute and serve.
3. Argula and Piña colada Smoothie
Pineapple and coconut milk are traditional partners in piña colada, so why not combine them in something that’s really good for you in this lunchtime smoothie?
- One-fourth cup fresh orange juice
- Half cup light coconut milk
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pineapple (about 180 grams)
- 1 cup arugula (30 grams), rinsed
- 1 quarter-size piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 or 3 ice cubes
Add all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for a minute. Pour into a glass, garnish with an orange slice and enjoy.
Tip: This is best enjoyed right away.