How Does Your Diet Affect Your Skin?

Healthy Eating Keeps Away Acne

How Does Your Diet Affect Your Skin?
Effects of Diet on Skin

There is a much deeper connection between the diet you intake and the effects it may have on your skin. It's not just what you eat but what you apply on your skin that can make a world of difference. Women have been using various types of foods for skin and facial treatments.

A glowing and healthy complexion says a lot about your skin and your diet. More than one-third of people with acne see a connection between what they eat and their blemishes.

Must Read: Nadia Hussain Gives Precious Tips On How To Remove Stretch Marks

People have been using masks of egg whites and olive oil or putting cucumbers over their eyes to reduce swelling for ages. However, studies suggest that the kind of food you put in your mouth can affect the health of your skin more than anything you could put on your face.

How Does Your Diet Affect Your Skin?

Skin specialist, Ellen Marmur says, "It’s true that we don’t have studies to prove again and again that certain foods cause or prevent acne. But if you surveyed a group of dermatologists, many of us would say, ‘Yes, the diet has an effect,’"

A diet rich in nutrients and having lots of protein and fiber will always help in making your skin glow and keeping it acne-free. Water plays one of the most significant part in this. When you drink water throughout the day, you are providing your skin with moisture that has been evaporated through sweat.

How Does Your Diet Affect Your Skin?

Eating food with Omega-3 fatty acids and olive oil impacts the health of your skin positively. Dried fruits, nuts, and fish are rich with these proteins. It helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines. A healthy diet is also a sure-shot way to avoid skin melanoma which is a dangerous form of skin cancer. 

How Does Your Diet Affect Your Skin?

Staying away from food with too much sugar in it not only reduces the risk of diabetes but also reduces the risk of developing acne. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and proteins that help in keeping your skin clear and fresh.

However, skin specialist Ellen Marmur adds that:

“Food is only about 25% of the picture when it comes to acne. The other 75% is influenced by hormones, stress, sleep levels, and where you live. Good skincare also plays a role. So there are really no ‘superfoods’ when it comes to acne prevention."

Avoiding hormone-laden dairy products and meats, chocolate, french fries, and other junk foods goes a long way towards keeping an acne-free, healthy, and glowing skin.

How Does Your Diet Affect Your Skin?

Follow HNHStyle on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram for more updates.