Mango Season: 3 Ways To Eat The King Of All Fruits
These mango recipes will keep you wanting for more.
One of the best things about the summer month is that it brings with it the king of all fruits – Mango. A carton of mango is almost like a warm season’s greetings that brings smiles to almost everyone’s face.
The fruit is sweet and has a lot of nutritional values as the mangoes contain over 20 different vitamins and minerals essential for your body.
However, we often just treat the fruit by cutting them in cubes and serving in a bowl or at max making mango shakes. But there is more ways to eat this delicious fruit.
Here are three interesting ways you can eat your favorite fruit:
- Mango (1 cup, dices)
- Jalapenos (¼ cup)
- Red onions (1 cup, chopped)
- Lime juice (2 tbsp)
- Cilantros for garnish
- Add ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Serve with a cooked meat of your choice.
Chicken And Mango Curry
- Chicken (12 boneless)
- Onions (2 chopped)
- Mangoes (2 large)
- Ginger (100gm, chopped)
- Cumin (2 tsp, grounded)
- Korma paste (6 tbsp)
- Kalonji (1 tbsp)
- Coconut milk (400g)
- Chicken stock (600ml)
- Turmeric (2 tsp)
- Sunflower oil (2 tbsp)
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Add chicken thighs, turmeric and some salt.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Add onions and cook for 5mins until soft.
- Toss mangoes into food processor and add korma paste. Blend to form paste.
- Add the paste to the pan and cook on low heat until soft.
- Turn up the heat and add cumin seems for few minutes and stir the mixture. Add the chicken to the pan and pour coconut milk and stock.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes, cover and cook for 20mins.
- Uncover the pan and cook for further 30min.
- Serve with rice.
- Mango (1 cup, diced)
- Plain yogurt (1 cup)
- Milk (½ cup)
- Sugar to taste
Method: Add all ingredients in the blender and blend till smooth.