Working From Home? Try These 15 Minutes Recipes
Can’t spare time for cooking? Here is the solution to your problem
Undoubtedly, the global pandemic of COVID 19 has stalled everything and has restricted movement for all. Public places, schools, colleges, malls, offices, etc. have been shut down for an indefinite period until the wrath of the deadly disease takes a step back. Those people who are working from home are more burdened as they have to attend endless conference calls and never ending video meetings, as it has become difficult to manage everything on our own. Be it working, cleaning, washing or cooking all have become a part of our daily routine. But there will be many amateur cooks too who face a hell when enter into the kitchen. For them, here we have few recipes to cook quickly and gather compliments.
1. Chickpeas with Poached eggs
- The steps are very easy, first heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic, pepper, chili and spring onions and fry for 5 minutes over a medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, put a large pan of water on to boil.
- Add some cumin and turmeric powder, tomatoes, coriander and the chickpeas to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in enough liquid from the chickpeas to moisten everything, and leave to simmer gently.
- Once the water starts boiling, crack in the eggs and poach for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the chickpea mixture onto plates
- Give a finished look by garnishing with coriander and top with the eggs.
2. Corn Capsicum
- Firstly heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped capsicum with a good mix and saute for few more minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, grated tomato, dried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Add corn, cook for a few minutes and garnish with coriander.
3. Vegetable Fried Rice
- Soak and boil rice and keep it aside.
- In a pan add 2 tbsp of oil, garlic, chilli and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add carrots, baby corn, green beans and cabbage and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Add cooked rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a minute and serve hot garnished with some chopped spring onion greens.