Yummiest Mutton Curry Recipe To Make Today
This recipe will just taste like the comfort-food your mother makes.
If there is one thing that Pakistanis love to devour it has to be their love for mutton (goat meat), and what better way to consume the juiciness of the meat than to cook it with flavorful curry and have it with hot naan.
We all love the masalaydar mutton curry our desi moms have been making since our childhood. This main dish goes well at every occasion.
So, here is the good old recipe of the yummiest mutton curry:
Mutton Curry Recipe
- Goat meat (1kg, bite-sized chunks)
- Oil (4 tbsp)
- Onions (2 large, julienne)
- Tomatoes (2 large, diced)
- Garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- Ginger paste (1 tbsp)
- Coriander powder (2 tsp)
- Cumin powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric powder ( ½ tsp)
- Red chili powder ( ½ tsp)
- Garam masala powder (2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Coriander (chopped for garnish)
- Heat oil on medium heat in a bottomed pan.
- Once hot, add onions and fry till golden brown. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Set aside to cool.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and ginger paste in a grinder and grind till it turns into a paste.
- Heat the oil left from frying the onion and add tomato paste and fried onions, along with all the other spices. Cook until the oil begins to separate for about 10 minutes.
- Add mutton chunks to the paste and mix well. Sprinkle salt to taste and stir fry until the meat is coated with the masala and turns brown.
- Pour ½ a cup of water, cover the pan and cook on low heat until meat is tender. Add more water if need be.
- Once done, garnish with coriander and serve with naan.
Try it out today and let us know in the comments below how it went.